Committees serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Directors. They are an important component of our organization. Committee members are selected by the Board of Directors. If you would like to serve on a committee please request more information below.
Thursday at 10 AM
This committee focuses on growing a building a strong community and networks capable of empowering success in the public and private arena. The committee will maintain sub committees that will meet as follows:
- Development: Regional: Monday at 9 AM
- Development: Distribution: Thursday at 9 AM
- Development: Cooperatives and ownership: 1st Friday at 10 AM
- Development: Delivery: 2nd Friday of the month at 10 AM
- Development: Appellations: 3rd Friday of the month at 10 AM
- Development: Events: 4th Friday of the month at 10 AM
The policy committee meets weekly via conference call to receive updates and make recommendations on specific policy positions.
- Policy: 1st, 3rd and 5th Tuesdays at 8:30 AM
- Policy: Regional: 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 8:30 AM
Political Action Committee
Political contributions are a critical component of success in our work. The California Growers Association controls two Political Action Committees:
- Political: Citizens for a Well Regulated Cannabis Future: 1st Friday of every other month at 1 PM
A small contributor’s PAC that brings together a broad cross section of Californians. From growers to consumers and everyone in between this committee is focused on building a broad base of support to contribute to candidates campaigning for state and local office. The maximum contribution to this committee is $200 per year per person. Contribute to the PAC here.
- Political: Regional: Coalition for Responsible Permitting: 1st Friday of every other month at 1 PM
A coalition of individuals, organizations and businesses that work together to raise the level of dialogue cannabis policy at the local level. Organized as an issues PAC, the coalition can contribute to local ballot measures, conduct independent campaigns and engage in public opinion research and public relations. Contribute to the coalition here.