As directed by the Medical Cannabis Regulation and Safety Act and the Adult Use of Marijuana Act, the California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) has written the proposed regulations to establish cannabis cultivation licensing and a track-and-trace system, collectively referred to as CalCannabis Cultivation Licensing. On April 28, 2017, CalCannabis released the proposed regulations that will define the cannabis cultivation licensing process, which triggers a 45-day public comment period. Everyone is encouraged to send feedback and suggestions.

CalCannabis Regulatory Documents

FAQs and Additional Information

Since the regulations were released a committee of the California Growers Association has met weekly to discuss the proposed regulations. This committee has proposed the following comments. If you would like to send our comments you can add your name at the bottom of this page.