Until July 1, 2018, state regulators have established a “transition period” during which cannabis products are exempt from certain requirements. The transition period is narrowly defined and applies only to a few issues:
- Allowing adult-use and medicinal cannabis licensees to do business with each other, regardless of their license designation.
- Allowing cannabis products to be sold without state-required testing if they are harvested or produced prior to January 1, 2018, and include a sticker clarifying that the product is not tested.
- Allowing retailers to package loose flower in their inventory.
- Exemption from many packaging and labeling requirements.
- Exemption of some manufactured products from limitations on potency.